The 2016 downtown Waukesha road construction project has concluded and Main Street is once again open to all traffic.
Available public parking areas are:
Gaspar Street = 6 spaces.
Avalon Square Lot – Lot #9 = 15 spaces.
Riverfront Plaza Lot – Lot #1 = 100 spaces.
Main and Barstow Lot – Lot #5 = 50 spaces.
Clock Tower Lot – Lot #3 = 85 spaces.
Check out the interactive map to see the “live” status of street closings.
Interactive Street Closure Map
The road construction project is currently in
Phase 1 – February 22 to Late March– W. Main Street between Clinton and the 5-Points will be closed to through traffic to complete the underground utility work.
- The sidewalk within the project limits will remain open.
- The 5-Points intersection will only be closed while the contractor is working in the intersection.
- Temporary parking closures on W. Main Street east of the 5-Points will be necessary to complete sewer lining.
- Once the underground work is completed, the roadway will be temporarily patched and re-opened.
Phase 2 –Late March to Late April – W. Main Street is closed to through traffic between 5-Points and N. Barstow Street to complete the underground utility work.
- The sidewalks within the project limits will remain open.
- W. Main Street between Clinton Street and the 5-Points intersection will remain open.
- The 5-Points intersection will remain open.
Phase 3 –Late April through End of July 2016 – W. Main Street is closed to through traffic between Clinton Street and N. Barstow Street to finish the underground work and the road reconstruction work.
- The sidewalks on W. Main Street will remain open and in place until just prior to the removal and replacement.
- Try to maintain access on W. Broadway through W. Main St as much as possible, but closure will be necessary.